- Do I need to be 18?
Yes no exceptions – it is the law in Qld.
- Does getting a tattoo hurt?
More of an irritating, scratching feeling can be quite painful on bone.
- Can you tattoo over scars?
Yes, but they must be at least 1 year old.
- Can you get a tattoo if you are pregnant or breastfeeding?
No, too stressful for the baby and not recommended for breastfeeding mothers because if you get an infection you will need to take antibiotics and therefore will not be able to continue to breastfeed.
- How long does a tattoo take?
Everyone is different, depends on how many breaks you take, how well you sit, how much detail in design, how many colours, location on body.
- How long can I sit to get my tattoo?
Everyone has a different pain threshold but 4 hrs is about the limit for most people.
- Do you tattoo hands, neck or face?
Only if you are already heavily tattooed ie: full sleeves and other visible tattoos.
- What inks do you use and what is in them?
We use Silverback grey, Alla Prima colours, Intenze colours and Starbrite colours. (to find specific ingredients see website links) All our inks are vegan friendly.
- Is there anything you won’t tattoo?
Yes, no offensive, racist or gang tattoos.
- Do you have eftpos?
No sorry cash only. You can however use PayPal/bank deposit (ask studio for details) to pay your booking and drawing fee. Be sure to email proof of payment.
- Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes to secure your booking you need to pay a $50 for a small tattoo and $100 for a large one, this is a once only payment which is deducted from your final tattoo session or put towards your drawing fee.
- Do you charge a drawing fee?
Only for large detailed tattoo designs which start at $50 to $200 (full back/sleeve). Full drawing fee must be paid on first tattoo session or at time of booking.
- Do you offer backlit/blacklight tattoos?
- What do I need to bring to a consultation?
Any reference material you have, even if only a rough sketch, know where you want your tattoo to go on your body, colour or black and grey and the size you would like.
- How much do you charge per hour?
Flash days start at $60, artists charge between $100 – $150 hour, minimum charge is $60. For large scale work ie: full sleeve/back can negotiate a price. Also we can provide an exact quote on smaller designs.
- Can I get a tattoo if I am on blood thinning medication?
No sorry as you will bleed excessively and ink may not stay in your skin. You would need to provide a note from your doctor in order to do so.
- Do you have any special offers during the year?
Yes, join the mailing list by emailing me and requesting to be added and be the first to know; unique deals for Valentines Day, Halloween, Mothers/Fathers Day, Find a Cure for Cancer/Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Christmas etc.
- Do you tattoo at any conventions?
Yes, sometimes – only in Australia. If you are interested in getting tattooed at a convention put your name down early as the spots fill up very quickly. Also note that due to high cost of attending convention hourly rate is higher than normal.
- How far ahead do I need to book for my tattoo?
Depends on how much design work is involved but usually you should be able to get in within two weeks of your consultation.
- Do you remind clients of their booking?
Not unless specifically asked at time of booking.
- Can I get my booking fee refunded?
Yes, if at least 48 hours notice given and drawing fee has already been paid.
- Do you do tattoo removal?
No sorry but there are several places in Brisbane that do.
- Do you offer cosmetic tattooing?
Yes by Tammy our senior artist.
- Can I use a numbing cream?
Yes – follow the instructions. Tell your tattoo artist.
- Do you offer piercings?
Yes – no genitals!